Ricardo North America
Ricardo is a UK-based global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy that specializes in the transport, energy and scarce resources sectors. Their work extends across a range of market sectors, including passenger cars, commercial vehicles, rail, defense, motorsports, energy and environmental. Ricardo has continued to be at the forefront of technical developments by driving the push into electrification of the powertrain, focusing on the design, integration and thermal management of batteries, e-machines and power electronics.
Ricardo was looking to expand into North America. They wanted a new site to emphasize Ricardo’s specialized services and market sectors in this new market. After another firm was dropped from the project, Pixelbee was brought in to help get the project back on track.
Among the items featured in the site that Pixelbee developed:
- The Home page included a news feed and quick links to specialized services and market sectors pages. A widget was also developed that displayed the previous day’s closing UK stock price using data taken from a third-party source.
- Each service was given their own dedicated page. Each page could contain embedded YouTube videos, links to related articles, and associated downloads. Market sectors page contained some background information and listed their core services.
- The Careers page pulled data from a third-party source that listed all open jobs for each location.
- The main Events page listed upcoming and past Ricardo events. Each event linked to an accompanying page that contained related information. For past events, keynote and presentation videos were posted.
- The Newsroom section contained news articles, blog posts, webinars and videos. All the postings could be dynamically filtered based on the selected content type and the post date.